We believe the Government and Hart Council should think again. The objectives of the We Love Hart campaign are as follows:
- To call for the overall housing allocation to be reduced by challenging the SHMA
- To demand that the Council develops a vision and strategy for Hart that retains its role as a rural, green hinterland for NE Hampshire that respects the separate character and identity of Hart’s settlements and landscapes and preserves the green spaces as amenity space for the urban settlements.
- To require that the housing need is met by building on brownfield sites and increasing density in our existing urban areas to help rejuvenate our existing shopping centres.
- To request that future housing stock reflects the needs of the changing demographics of the district.
- To petition the council and government against any new settlement in Hart that will act as a sink for the unmet housing need in neighbouring areas.
- To hold Hart Council to account to ensure the process is legal and transparent and properly consults all of the residents of Hart.
We submitted the petition, with 2,130 signatories, to Hart Council and sadly they have chosen to largely ignore it.