UPDATE: See details of new SWR timetable consultation here
Our local MP, Ranil Jayawardena has launched a petition to combat the proposed #SWRcuts to services at Winchfield and Hook stations. South Western Railways (SWR) have proposed significant cuts to peak time morning services to London. Ranil has said he is “appalled that SWR have already reneged on the promises that helped them win the franchise.”
Ranil is meeting with SWR on 25th October to discuss the proposed changes to the timetable. It would be helpful if as many people as possible sign his petition and also make specific representations to SWR.
Ranil petition details
Please do sign his petition. It can be found here.
It would also be helpful if you could respond to the consultation directly by emailing your views to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have created a handy template to help you that can be downloaded below.
Summary of Winchfield Hook train cuts
- Reduces the number of peak morning services to London from eight to five
- Increases peak time services from Fleet, but there is no extra car-parking to cope with additional passengers
The impact of the cuts will be to:
- Three peak-time services from Winchfield and Hook to London cut from the timetable
- Harder for commuters to get to work and for children to get to school/college
- Increased pressure on already over-crowded Fleet station
- More road congestion and increased carbon footprint