Rushmoor Borough Council is seeking to protect acres of empty, brownfield office sites, but at the same time it is asking Hart to build 1,600 houses for them because Rushmoor says it can’t meet its own need. If Hart is forced to take all these houses it makes it more likely we will have to build a new town and concrete over our beautiful green fields and countryside.
Bravehart has been out and about again and taken photos of 15 vacant employment sites across Rushmoor. This is far from a comprehensive assessment of all of the vacant sites in Rushmoor, but it does illustrate the scale of the opportunity available. It has subsequently emerged that Rushmoor want to protect 96 Ha of brownfield land even though their own Employment Land Review predicted a massive surplus at the end of the plan period.
Rushmoor has recently published its draft Local Plan and has asked for comments from the public. If you are a Hart District resident and you would like them to re-visit their plan and build all of their own need on their own patch, then you can use the pre-prepared from on the link below. All you need to do is:
- Download the Local Plan response form from the link below.
- On page 3, fill in your name and contact details and type your name and date in the boxes at the bottom of the page.
- Review the comments made and feel free to add, amend or delete as you see fit.
- Save the document, attach it to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share a link to this page to all your friends and family as well as any sports clubs or community groups you belong to via word of mouth, email, Facebook and Twitter and ask them to put in a response and share this page again.
- If you have not already done so, please sign and share our petition too.
More detail here.