The We Heart Hart petition is now really taking off, now exceeding 1,200, adding more than 280 since Friday night. This is more than twice the number of valid responses (550) to the Hart District Council consultation that took place in Autumn 2014 and more than 5 times the number of people (220) of said they favoured a new settlement.
It seems that the people of Hart are waking up to the reality that the Council’s plans will:
- Force Hart to build an extra 3,100 houses for Rushmoor and Surrey Heath
- Turn the northern part of Hart District will turn into a single urban sprawl when there is an alternative of building higher density in urban areas to help rejuvenate our high streets
- Lead to more congestion and traffic all over the district, particularly in Fleet and Church Crookham
- Ignore many brownfield sites untouched all over the district where we could build housing
- Create intolerable pressure on our local services such as doctors, schools, roads, sewage, electricity and railways because their infrastructure plans are under-funded by at least £78m
- Destroy our environment and the very nature of Hart’s unique appeal – the reason we all love living here.
If you would like to join our campaign, please sign and share our petition:
Surely it is now time for Hart Council to think again and listen to the people.