Today marks the launch of the We Heart Hart campaign (aka We Love Hart and We ♥ Hart).
We believe the Government and Hart Council should think again. The objectives of our campaign are as follows:
- To call for the overall housing allocation to be reduced by challenging the SHMA in front of the Inspector.
- To demand that the Council develops a vision and strategy for Hart that retains its role as a rural, green hinterland for NE Hampshire that respects the separate character and identity of Hart’s settlements and landscapes and preserves the green spaces as amenity space for the urban settlements.
- To require that the housing need is met by building on brownfield sites and increasing density in our existing urban areas to help rejuvenate our existing shopping centres.
- To request that future housing stock reflects the needs of the changing demographics of the district, particularly the elderly and infirm.
- To petition the council and government against any new settlement in Hart that will act as a sink for the unmet housing need in neighbouring areas.
- To hold Hart Council to account to ensure the process is legal and transparent and properly consults all of the residents of Hart.